Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Nutmeg.. the list goes on. We all recognize the distinctive aroma of spices. Spices not only add flavour to our cuisine but they have also pretty much shaped the world that we live in today. Get to know all about the Spice Trade, it’s influences in different parts of the world. From the stock markets to New York, there is a spice story everywhere.
What will the tour entail?
- How did Kochi become the nerve center of the Spice Trade
- Understanding Spice Trade and the advent of Colonisation
- The influence Spice Trade has had in the world we live in today!
How does it work?
- This is a virtual tour hosted via Zoom
- Our expert will guide you through a live narration
- We’ll use photographs, videos, maps and satellite imagery
- Once you book the tour, you will receive the zoom link and the details by email
Global Connections to the Spice Trade
The influence of Spice Trade on Kochi and India
A peek into the present day spice trade
A part of the proceeds will go to support the local guide community in each of the destinations we operate in.
The virus has changed travel as we know it, at least for the visible future. Travel, as a sector accounts for 10% of global GDP. It was one of the first to get affected and probably amongst the last to bounce back. Our team being tech savvy, has the options of doing these virtual tours, but for a majority of tourism professionals in India this ain’t the case. So, to help in a small way, we wish to contribute a part of our proceeds to the local guide community.
How can you help? Spread the word on these virtual tours. Together we can make a difference!
Would you like to take this tour in private, exclusively just for yourself or your group? We can make that happen, reach out to us at email@example.com