Tea isn't just the most popular drink India, the milk infused, spice laden, sweet - Chai is the perfect example India’s incredible ability to absorb cultures & cuisines from around the world and make it quintessentially India.
The story of how India was introduced to Tea has all the elements of a Bollywood Action Blockbuster - wars, revolutions and a big serving of drug trade with a colonial empire on which the sun never sets at the centre of it all.
Join us as we explore India’s tea culture and the stories of how India fell in love with Tea and went on to now become the second largest producer of tea in the world!
What will the tour entail?
- Explore the origins of Tea in India.
- Discover the Tea as a commodity shaped global events
- Explore the life planter’s life in India & how the British introduced plantations in india
- Trace the journey of coffee from the elite circles to the popular drink of millions of Indians
How does it work?
- This is a virtual tour hosted via Zoom
- Our expert will guide you through a live narration
- We’ll use photographs, videos, maps and satellite imagery
- Once you book the tour, you will receive the zoom link and the details by email
Explore the story of how India fell in love with coffee.
Explore how Tea led to the plantation culture in the Indian subcontinent
A peek in the Tea culture and traditions in India
A part of the proceeds will go to support the local guide community in each of the destinations we operate in.
The virus has changed travel as we know it, at least for the visible future. Travel, as a sector accounts for 10% of global GDP. It was one of the first to get affected and probably amongst the last to bounce back. Our team being tech savvy, has the options of doing these virtual tours, but for a majority of tourism professionals in India this ain’t the case. So, to help in a small way, we wish to contribute a part of our proceeds to the local guide community.
How can you help? Spread the word on these virtual tours. Together we can make a difference!
Would you like to take this tour in private, exclusively just for yourself or your group? We can make that happen, reach out to us at email@example.com